Director of Business Development, Government Products APPLY NOW
Beverly MA, Santa Barbara CA, Detroit MI, Washington DC Government
SIONYX is seeking an experienced Business Development Director to lead the successful implementation of our OEM Camera Systems into US Government Programs. The Business Development Director will cultivate and maintain strategic relationships within the US Government and Prime Contractor community and have a deep understanding of Congressional and USG agency budget and priorities. This position requires strategic engagements to win design-ins and capture long-term program business for our OEM camera systems.
Critical to the role is rapidly learning customer requirements and assessing how SIONYX’s products can support those applications. You must be customer focused and use your knowledge of SIONYX’s products to assist our customers in successful integration of our sensors and camera modules.
Essential to the position is assessing product and market opportunities and driving the largest opportunities to a successful conclusion, including successfully navigating the customer at all levels of leadership. In many cases this will require engaging at both the integrator level and at the end user level. You must feel comfortable as a technology advocate discussing application of our technology with end customers who may not have a background in that technology area. This position requires a significant business travel commitment of 40%.
SIONYX is a world leader in advanced imaging systems experiencing exponential growth through customer engagements in the defense, law enforcement and outdoor enthusiast sectors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, develop, and secure new business opportunities within US Government and Department of Defense customer base.
- Learn customer requirements, translating them into engineering requirements and defining the steps needed to deliver new products.
- Perform market and customer applications research.
- Execute customer profiling and needs analysis.
- Develop the business case for each program.
- Manage customer relationships.
- Establish agreements and contracts.
- Work with leadership and marketing to develop and define strategies for current and new OEM camera system products.
- Coordinate pricing strategy and product positioning with fellow business development teams based on “voice of the customer” data to ensure delivery of the best value for the capability.
- Develop presentations, marketing material, and direct customer engagements.
- Experience developing products for the US Government and US defense industry.
- Experience in assessing opportunities for high value-added components into strategic defense programs and securing / capturing those opportunities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods.
- Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed.
- Ability to analyze business trends and project future revenues and expenses.
- BS in Scientific or Engineering field.
- 5-7 years applicable experience in sales and/or business development and/or business capture for high value-added components, modules, or subassemblies.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross functional teams and deliver unity of effort.
- Familiar with executing US Government Contracts.
- Familiar with both traditional and Agile development processes.
- Must be able to process large volumes of information quickly and determine common threads and establish the best capture strategy.
- Must be a team player with strong problem-solving skills and ability to operate in conditions of uncertainty.
- Experience with optics or camera system products targeted for government and defense applications preferred.
- Experience with current and future sensor communications networks and architectures.
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills to foster a cooperative environment.
- Ability to develop recommendations and justify sound business decisions and strategies.
- Former military or law enforcement sensor operation experience preferred.
- United States citizen or permanent resident required.
|||Beverly MA, Santa Barbara CA, Detroit MI, Washington DC|||Government||||||z-l-JH75vRwxg--G|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false|||
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- 40% Domestic and International travel
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at time
APPLICATION FORM * Required